Data we collect
Touch&Play collects the following data.
Information voluntarily provided
We may collect or record basic personal information which you voluntarily provide through completing forms on our Site, through questions you send to us, or through other means of communication between you and us. The categories of personal information you provide may include:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Profile picture
- Trainings you’ve participated in, including their location
- Information about yourself and your past experiences
Information from site visits
We collect, store and use information about your visits to the Sites and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access the Sites. This includes the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location;
- Information about your visits and use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and Site navigation and search terms used.
How we gather It
You directly provide Touch&Play with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online
- Sign up for a training on our website
- Fill in an application form on Google Forms
- Send us an email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
Touch&Play collects your data so that we can:
- Create and manage your account
- Sign you up to a training
- Deliver our newsletter to you
- Notify you of upcoming trainings
- Analyse the website’s performance
- Detect abuse of our systems
The data is securely stored in servers in Canada and India. The access to these servers is restricted to the core team and local organisers using a unique encryption key.
Backups are stored in a S3 bucket on Amazon Web Services.
Touch&Play will keep your data for as long as necessary, meaning that currently we don’t automatically delete any user data. If this concerns you, please contact us at the address listed at the end of this document.
When you subscribe to our mailing list, we will contact you with information about upcoming gatherings, new blog posts, and general news regarding our projects. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link.
When you open one of our newsletters, Mailjet includes an invisible image, and uses that to track that you’ve opened the email. Each link in our newsletter is tracked by Mailjet, meaning that Mailjet knows which links you’ve clicked on.
Mailjet is a company based in the USA, and data Mailjet gathers about you may be stored in the USA.
What are your data protection rights?
Touch&Play would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Touch&Play for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Touch&Play correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Touch&Play to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Touch&Play erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Touch&Play restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Touch&Play processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Touch&Play transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc.
We use Google Analytics for aggregated website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated, persistent ClientID in your browser. This ID is used to identify you uniquely. It contains no information like email, phone number, name, etc., but can be used by Google to track you across other websites that use Google Analytics, in ways which could potentially lead to personal identification. We also send Google your IP Address.
We use GA to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. If you would like to access what browsing information we have – or ask us to delete any GA data – please delete your _ga cookies, reach out to us via the contact address below, and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
Google Inc. is based in the USA, and data about your usage of this site is transmitted to their servers in the USA and stored there. We do not store any of your data collected in connection with Google Analytics.
Google stores data about your usage of this website for 14 months.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us